Monday, January 28, 2013

Shark Toys record release show.

I packed up my Saturday sorta early because I didn't wanna miss out on this one.
Shark Toys record release show at Permanent Records in Eagle Rock 01/26/2013
First band to open up, Wounded Lion. I had no idea Lars from The Intelligence drummed in this band, so that was a pleasant surprise. Had to say what's up to that dude cause lately I've been running into him.

Picked up a bottle of whiskey and a bag of chips because you never know what can happen at a show like this. You gotta be prepared. You gotta be on your toes. You gotta be sharp! One minute you could be dancing, the next minute you could be catching someone.

 Wounded Lion (In The Red Records)






 Shark Toys (Dead Beat Records)






 I wanna apologize to this guy on the left. I kept pushing him on a certain song (Library) that I really dig. I wanted him to push me back but what I got instead was a smile. Sorry, dude.


Shark Toys nailed it. A perfect way to greet the public with their new record. If anything, it sounded too clean. Too perfect. I was hoping people were gonna get a bit restless but they stood in their places. But like I said, you never know what can happen at a show like this. So I packed up my snacks and slapped my butt to make sure I still had my wallet. Because one thing was for certain, I wasn't gonna go home with out my god damn clear vinyl!

 Job done. Cheers guys!

 Also, support this record shop if you happen to be around the LA area. The owner lady is super sweet and the shop is very well setup and organized. Records there are well priced, but if you're broke, at least pick up a button or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment