Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Emergence Exits


I woke up to my sister's voice speaking to my mother in the living room. I shifted my body and reached over for my phone next to my bed. I had three messages which read...
  • Andrea - :\ Sorry I missed ur show last night bro. Are u home? I'd like to make it up to u. Can we grab a Bloody Mary? :) It's on me!
  • Mum - Get up, please. Your sister is here.
  • Jo Jo San - What are you wearing tonight? I wanna wear a dress to your brother's art show. Please don't wear those nasty black jeans you never wash. Love, Jo

This day was already shaping up well and I hadn't even put on my underpants. I washed my face and walked out to the living room. My sister said, "Geez, you look like shit." I replied, "Good morning to you too. I need coffee. Is that the baby? She looks awake."

I walked back to my room and put on the same clothes I wore the night before, packed up my gear, and fixed my hair. As my mom babysat the new addition to the family my sister and I drove around town through old streets where we use to walk with friends of the past. Friends that we'd gotten into trouble with, stayed out late with, and made half promises that we'd always be true to each others friendship.

We hit the coffee shop and it was catch up time with one another. My sister and I hardly do this, but when we do, she often comes out guns blazing and gives me a lecture on whatever my question might be to her. My question is often about lovers (past, present, or future). We talked about alarm clocks, failed escape plans, and emergence exits. We talked about catching up on rest and sadness.

 All these Tall Cans (open and closed, same price) from my brother's art show are still up for sale. If interested please contact me. He is up for working out a deal if interested in a number of them.
Also, a few bottles are still left and are still up for sale as well. I will be posting those up soon.

 These (open)...


these (closed).









No comments:

Post a Comment